Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Blurred supersite in Firefox

Hi,

I always liked Xara's supersite feature. Finally I decided to use it for one non-responsive app. It works perfectly in all browsers except Firefox.
    In FF supersite looks blurred. My app does not contain any graphics. I used supersite only as wrapper for external text and SVG graphics.

Are you aware of this problem? How to solve it?

Thanks.

Default Re: Blurred supersite in Firefox

Can you give us a link so we can see what you are seeing?

Ah sorry. I'm talking about "Scale to Fit Screen" feature. Now my site only on the local server. But you can see Xara's official example: http://previews.xara.hosting/islands/#xl_xr_page_index There is also seen.
    At the moment I have FF 48.0.

That's the way a couple of screenshots.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ffss-1.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	113926
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ffss-2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	113927

This might have to do with the way Firefox renders type. And Xara images set to Stretch to fill the entire screen, to me at any rate, are not as sharp as the original which I suspect is a trade off between scalability and file size.

Yes, I think the problem is the Firefox engine. So my question is more to the Xara developers.
    Is there any way to solve this trouble? Maybe FF settings(not best solution) or some scripts?

No idea? It's a pity.
    Scale to Fit Screen is very interesting Xara's web feature. But FireFox is the most popular browser in Germany. Now I have a dilemma. Or should I give up this idea, or allow users to "break" eyes. Hm...

The only solution I can think of is to create your design at a very high resolution (4000 pix wide for example) and to have the browser scale down.
    Attached Files Attached Files

An interesting effect. I will try your method. Thank you.

Have a look at this thread. Adjust it to the recommendations & see if it makes a difference. That said, you can't ask all your visitors to do likewise but at least you can see if this is what's causing the rendering problem.

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host