Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Wood Grain Using Wrap, Plucker, Twirl & Bloat

Same here, learned about some great tools, thanks!

Excellent tutorial Peter, thanks for sharing.

Stygg

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Thanks Peter, that is kind of how I thought you were doing it but I did miss a step or two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

No problem Frances. Thanks all for all your generous remarks. All of the new tools that were introduced when version 11 was released, that includes the brushes that I rarely use, it was the Shape Painter Tool that I thought was worth the premium. Not for this part of the tool that I showed here Wrap, Pucker, Twirl & Bloat but the Paint bit as if you angle the brush slightly and reduce the brush roundness suddenly you have a Calligraphy brush. The only thing wrong with that it is a shape and not a line. The hardest one in that group to use in the Shape Painter tool groupings is the Bloat action it just swells directly there is no finesse in it. It doesn't matter if you move the mouse as you press over the shape and that shape requires to be a lot thicker/larger than the brush roundness size.
    Just to show the calligraphy effect using the Shape Painter tool with paint selected here is one that I did quite recently for Gary B. This was done without guides and just using the mouse.

Just noticed in the Topic heading I wrote "Wrap, Plucker, Twirl & Bloat" so of course that should read Pucker. How does the rhyme go about the pheasant plucker... gee what a dafty!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gary.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	113918  
    Design is thinking made visual.