Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default main toolbar missing

Hello, I am using Xara PGD and somehow the main toolbar (with "FILE", "EDIT" etc.) has gone missing, and I cannot figure out how to get it back. Help? Thank you.

Default Re: main toolbar missing

Arg! Hate when that happens. You probably accidentally hit one of the function keys.

Go to Window > Control Bars > and see if [ ] Standard is checked. And if it is try unchecking and checking it again.

If all else fails, press Reset (in the Control Bars menu). You will lose any custom settings you had but PGD should be back to the default settings.

I think pressing 8 on the number pad will get it back :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks for your reply. I do not see "Window" or have a control bar menu - I think those are part of the toolbar I am missing. I have nothing but icons, no Text in the two toolbars that are open. Any other ideas?

Try Zaphodist's suggestion. Make sure you use the numeric pad on your keyboard with NumLock on, then press "8".

I am using a laptop with no numeric keypad. Pressing the 8 I have has no effect.

Alt + w will make the Window menu appear if it is not at the top of the screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	window.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	113894  

Quote Originally Posted by gregg brazel View Post
    I am using a laptop with no numeric keypad. Pressing the 8 I have has no effect.
    Then you may have a Function (Fn) key and another key with an 8 marked in the same colour as the Fn key. If so, press Fn+8 (all the same colour).
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Maybe long press the screen or right click and choose exit full screen?

Hi Gregg,

To clarify, it sounds like you have put the program into full screen mode, where the bars and menus are hidden to give you more drawing space. The program didn't do this by itself, you did it.

If you haven't already fixed this by using the Function key to access the numeric keypad as Acorn suggests, or Alt+W to access the Window menu as Gary suggests, try moving the mouse pointer to the very top of the screen. When you do this you should see the main menu pop down and you can then click the "Full screen" item to turn off full screen mode.

This problem crops up too often for new users so we'll do something to address it.

Phil