Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Usually I do all my resizing in photoshop but Painter gives me the best colour for certain things. However while downsizing a print to up the resolution I have discovered that painter seems to go completely haywire if I enter a new size that contains anything but single digits.

I was wondering if anyone can duplicate this problem in P6.

Open a file say 20 x 20 cm at 72 ppi then go to canvas>resize and tick the constrain file size.

If I enter a single number in the field like 9 then the ppi goes up as expected. But if I try to enter a two digit number like 10 it goes to 7.2ppi
    IP

I tested what you described in painter 6.1 and 7 (with patch) and I am getting inconsistent results in both versions. Sometimes it works correclty with single or double digits but most of the time I am getting whacky results! For example, when trying to change it to 10 cm constrained, I get anything from 14.0 ppi to 144036 ppi, the latter which gives me an out of range error. When I click on the width and height boxes without typing or changing anything, the ppi numbers keep changing.
    IP

Thanks for your response Eky. I am astounded that an error like this can not be corrected. However to see that it is not corrected in the next release of the program and after an update, defies belief. At least I don't have to reload the program. I'll be looking forward to Painter 9. Perhaps it will be worth upgrading by then.

Resizing an image is not some kind of bizzare arcane action is it. What does this say about the beta testers let alone Corel. No wonder they change their name to procreate. Corel can change their name but not their spots.
    IP