Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Parts of Xara more or less then combined ?

Many years ago I started with Xara » grown-up by : xara 5 » xara 9 » xara 11 » Xara 365 or Xara Photo and Graphic Designer.

Next to xara Photo I bought Xara WebDesigner 6 and now still version 10

They can without a problem exist at the same time in all Windows OS , at this moment Windows 10.

I want to do more with paper and layout , so I bought Xara DTP » Page and Layout Designer 11.

When opened it asks if this one should be registered for .XAR files. Well, .xar is always used, so do it.
    Then Xara DTP refuses. Open a .xar is possible, no registration.

Web designer has never had a problem .

Did Xara have family problems developed simultaneously at Page Layout ?

(translated by Google)

Default Re: Parts of Xara more or less then combined ?

When opened it asks if this one should be registered for .XAR files.
    When you click on a *****.xar file in windows file explorer it needs to know what version of xara program to open it into. As you have many versions of xara on your machine (which is fine) this just sets up the latest version as the default program for opening .xar files. It is also the same with .web files.

Open a .xar is possible, no registration.
    I can't understand what your problem is here. Could you expand?

Finally Xara Designer X contains ALL the features of the other xara programs and I'd recommend just sticking to the latest version of that and forget about Photo and Graphic Designer & Page and Layout Designer.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host