Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Default Re: Zoomable image on webpage

Brilliant Siran, thank you for sharing!

Info Re: Zoomable image on webpage

Here is a pan & zoom design I've just started on: PanZoomer.web

I would be interested in whether it work on tablets and phones.

It has an extra trick in that you can import an SVG so the zooming effect has no jaggies. I would have to change the code for this.
    I created this one for any grouped shapes; ensure it has a Name of filename=image.
    The image is stored in the !image Layer; just make the group as big as you can and ensure the layer is hidden.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,

Panning works on Android but I can't zoom. On an iPhone4 I can both zoom (using pinch and whatever it's called) but it's not very simple, a bit hit and miss.
    Edit: Using pinch & whatever on the Android works also but again not smoothly and hit & miss again, often just panning.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Acorn, Panning works on Android but I can't zoom. On an iPhone4 I can both zoom (using pinch and whatever it's called) but it's not very simple, a bit hit and miss.
    Edit: Using pinch & whatever on the Android works also but again not smoothly and hit & miss again, often just panning.
    Egg, thanks for checking,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

iPhone 6s No zoom because no mouse wheel on a cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    iPhone 6s No zoom because no mouse wheel on a cell phone.
    Gary, I would have through a pinch or spread action might work. Never used an iPhone so I don't know what its limitations are.
    Thanks,
    Acorn

Yes, it works on an iPhone Acorn but as I stated earlier very hit & miss, mainly panning.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Gary, hope you enjoyed the evening. I had two bottles of beer if I remember correctly.
    Acorn, great idea! Would you mind if I try to mimic the functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by siran View Post
    Gary, hope you enjoyed the evening. I had two bottles of beer if I remember correctly.
    Acorn, great idea! Would you mind if I try to mimic the functionality.
    siran, you can always reverse-engineer functionality. Do check that any code copying isn't breaching anyone else's copyright, i.e., I've used a couple of jQuery plug-ins in the mix.

Acorn

Thanks Acorn! I'm not going to copy code. Like to try for myself in this case.