Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XaraPro 365 Trial, A Little Buggy

Hello Xara family,

I am currently using the trial version and have found a few bugs. Love some of the new features considering that I have been using version 7 until now. However, when attempting to export to PDF I have found that hyperlinks in my document turn blue... bright blue and not just the link but a whole sentence. Exporting the same document in version 7 works beautifully.

The other thing I found is with the text tool. Adjusting the text Baseline Shift, Kerning, Space Before/After Paragraph does not work. Has anyone else experienced the same or similar issues with Trial version? Oh, I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell 64bit laptop.

Thanks,
    Steve

Default Re: XaraPro 365 Trial, A Little Buggy

Hi Steve. Can't replicate any of them. Export to pdf, even at draft only shows the section I require as a link in a line of text as blue and underlined. Colour & Underline can be altered.

Baseline shift works fine.

Kerning is only available between a pair of characters, not a block of text.

Space Before/After Paragraph works fine.

Try running the program again as Administrator.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

That did it, Egg! Why does the program require me to run as Administrator? I know this is the case with some utility programs, but have never experienced it with Xara.

Thanks for your help!!

Run as Administrator only needs to be done once and cures a litany of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ssg_7 View Post
    That did it, Egg! Why does the program require me to run as Administrator? I know this is the case with some utility programs, but have never experienced it with Xara.
    Thanks for your help!!
    Remember the bit where Xara suggests you close all other programs? If you don't Xara's install cannot link to required Windows DLLs and so will mostly work but create a variety of different issues. Running as admin probably sets up another session, which won't be using the DLLs so... joy.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Glad to know it's sorted ssg_7.

Remember the bit where Xara suggests you close all other programs? If you don't Xara's install cannot link to required Windows DLLs and so will mostly work but create a variety of different issues. Running as admin probably sets up another session, which won't be using the DLLs so... joy.
    Often wondered why this wa required Acorn. I'm guilty, I only ever close Xara programs when installing a update.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host