Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default SVG files goes smaller opened in Xara

Meow

I found a strange thing with InkScape and page size.
    If I open SVG file in Xara, then page size is Custom and width is 19,69cm. But original file is A4 with width 21cm.
    And all objects opened in Xara is changed in this ratio as width. This is from 21cm to 19,69cm.

But if I export file from XAR (Xara Page & Graphic Designer 11) - to (plain) SVG, and then open it in InkScape (0.48.5), the page setting is stil A4 (29,7 x 21 cm) and all dimensions are still the same as in Xara. Not smaller, not bigger.

I sent this question to inkscape forum first. And one of members analized two test files, I sent him. And he found this: Xara, when export to (plain) SVG, uses units "points" (pt). But inkscape in both: inkscape SVG and plain SVG uses units "pixels" (px).

I don't know, can I set xara to use pixels at importing SVG files? I can't find setting like this.

Thankyou in advance

Ponny

P.s.: When sending I got a message, this post is duplicate of other already sended post. But I can't find this post.

Default Re: SVG files goes smaller opened in Xara

Enable screen rulers (Shift + Ctrl + r). Right click on the top ruler and select Grid & Ruler Options.

Change the Major Spacing to 100px and the Number of Subdivisions to 10.

In the Units section of the Page Options menu, change the Page Units to Pixels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grid and ruler.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	113802  

Default Re: SVG files goes smaller opened in Xara

If this is a setting you want to use often then set up the page the way you want it, size, rulers or no rulers, etc. then from the File menu select Save Template. Name and save your template, for example Pixel Page, and if you check [X] Use as Default Template these settings will apply any time you click the New Page icon.