Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question No snap anymore when cropping?

Just tried cropping an image in the latest Pro X, but it seems like I snap to the page background does not work anymore, like it used to in previous versions. Of course snap to objects is enabled. I also tried snapping to a guide, but that also does not work. I am lost now. What can I do to set exact dimensions of a crop?

Default Re: No snap anymore when cropping?

I have moved this to Dear Xara because it is a bug report/feature request.

I suspect the reason the snap is not snapping is this is not an easy thing to accomplish with the existing code or it would have been done. BUT that said, I totally agree. Snapping needs to be added to some of the new "smart shapes".

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    bug report

I think this is the first time that I paid for an upgrade which turns out to be a downgrade: No new vector or typography features in X365 and they even crippled image cropping. Reinstalling X11…

There is another issue with the new crop tool: It’s not possible anymore to zoom tightly into a corner and then adjust cropping. There now are just four handles as compared to eight ones in the previous version.

You could use the Photo clip tool - eight handles which snap correctly, width and height text fields, "rule-of-thirds" lines and aspect ratio locking.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
    You could use the Photo clip tool - eight handles which snap correctly, width and height text fields, "rule-of-thirds" lines and aspect ratio locking.
    Perfect, no need to revert back to X11! I was too quick to judge the new Xara…