Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default 60 day lock on a domain transfer??

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had run into this issue before, I transferred a Domain from GoDaddy to My Xara online account, and my control enter shows that my domain is available for transfer. However when I attempt to pay and complete the transfer of the domain I get the following error message (translated from German)
    "This domain is currently in the 60 -day lock-up period the Registry . Unfortunately, the action can not be performed . Please try to restart the job in 60 days . These 60 days lock is set after each transfer / Create . Original error : Object status Prohibits operational"

I NEED my website back up ASAP for business purposes, has anyone encountered this before and if so how do i fix it??

Default Re: 60 day lock on a domain transfer??

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I think you need to contact GoDaddy directly. The only reason to put a lock on a domain name, is if it has expired. But this is not a domain name issue.

I have heard many bad things about GoDaddy in the US.

What might work is this, post this complaint on the GoDaddy Facebook page and say you have to get your website back online immediately and why did they put a 60 day hold on your website. Companies do not like negative comments on their Facebook page and will often give you priority.

Thanks! I assumed it was on the Xara side, but that wouldn't make any sense.

Thanks! GoDaddy had a lock on it so you can't "accidentally" transfer a domain, even though you ask them to release it in 3 different ways its still an accident if you want to move it.