Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Have the activation problems been fixed in the latest version?

I have been thinking of switching or trying Xara as I have read good reviews of the actual program BUT have delayed taking action as I have also heard of many problems where users get locked out as the software has to be reactivated at frequent intervals and even if no change to hardware results in a waiting period of up to 30 days before being able to use the software again. Also that it requires an internet connection at ALL times in order to keep working. This, at least for me, would override any benefits that the program may offer over the competition. I have looked at the latest features of the new version, but the activation issues is not one of them. Until Xara has only one activation required for a particular computer I would not waste my time downloading and learning the free trial as, what's the point?

Default Re: Have the activation problems been fixed in the latest version?

Welcome!

Paul, it's your choice, of course, but your perspective is way off.

I don't know how many Xara users there are out there, but it will be several thousand. A small minority of those users are represented on TG. Of that minority, one person has had an awful time with Xara activation, a few others have had issues but not long-term. So it's a problem that exists, very annoying if it affects you, but you'd be very unlucky indeed to encounter the problem.

Very few people are affected by the 30 day reactivation and a few words about it on TG or a support ticket will probably see them right. It's a problem very few users will experience.

If I took the same approach to driving as you have done to Xara, I'd never get in a car.

Paul