Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Language

Default Language

I seem to be unable to get the spelling checker to remember the language in the DP X 365.

I use the Text tool and the ABC setting the language to English UK then next time I load it lost the setting.

Must be missing a step:-((

Default Re: Language

Peter, I've tried ABC icon > Set all text language > English (U.K.).
    The list under this doesn't seem to be activated until you do this.
    The setting only seems to apply for the current document.

You've found a bug.

@Xara, 365 is not keeping or detecting the machine locale setting:
    By default the language corresponding to the current locale setting is selected
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have been told it is a design feature so you will need to set up each template with its own language.
    I am British and therefore only speak one language and badly as well.
    So I need to have the language set to English UK and set up globally.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Prewett View Post
    I have been told it is a design feature so you will need to set up each template with its own language.
    By whom? It works as described in the quotes in this way in XDP10. Design feature by bug introduction is a new one on me. Default for the locale and change to specific need is what should be presented.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

According to Xara I do not accept it should be able to be set as a default as it was on all previous versions.
    Then they are no longer a British company, and being British myself of course I do not speak any other language other then English (UK), I would also say the majority of users only speak one language.
    It means that one has to go through all the templates and change MAD!!

"This is expected behaviour, the spell checker language is a document based setting rather than a program wide based one. The templates are set by default to no language, you can edit the templates and change the setting there so any future documents have the language you set. The templates are found in the installation directory of Xara under a folder called "Templates"."

Peter

Cheers Peter, I can't see why the default to one's locale has been ripped off.
    Acorn