Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Formoid

Unhappy Formoid

www.formoid.com

I purchased this product before. Then requested a refund. Then not remembering why I requested the refund, I purchased it again.

Pluses: Incredibly easy and intuitive way to create forms. Drag and drop. Recaptcha, nice design, easy to integrate into Xara.

Minuses: There is no way within the application or on the Formoid website to change the original registration email that I used when I first purchased the product. Not the world's best or fastest support.

To add a new e-mail to which the form contents will be sent, the email address needs to be confirmed via a code sent to the address. Maybe it is just my web host, ISP but I cannot receive the confirmation email at my primary address or my Comcast address. I can with my gmail account. I have had this problem with other sites that send a confirmation code.

Just venting.

Default Re: Formoid

I was going to suggest that Xara/Magix should license this, but I suspect it may be too expensive for them to do that.

Maybe if Xara sold a Xara-modified version as an add-on, then maybe they could do a great deal with formoid.

I have no idea why a confirmation email might fail. Is there anything odd about them?

I experienced this with my bank when I was setting up an iPhone banking app. They finally had to change the settings at their end to intercept the confirmation, then they sent me the number via regular email and I plugged it in.

I checked with my web host who also hosts my email account and they said something to the effect that the supposed source and the actual source of the confirmation email was different and so the their servers toss the message out as bogus. You Paul probably have a more coherent idea what they mean.

They're basically saying that the server that the mail arrives from isn't the same server that the email address said it was. So it looks like a fraudulent email.

That's basically what they said.