Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info Simpler Slideshow Widget

I don't particularly care much for slideshows but I dabble in how to make them work in Xara.

This is my simplest to date.

The SimpleSlideShower Widget need to be in the top left of your page.
    You can move it around but all slides are set to this datum point.

The slideshow acts as a fader so really it is a carousel.
    You could open up the Widget's head code and play with the times and even change the .slideDown effect to .fadeIn, which I prefer; the effects are case-sensitive.

All you then do is add a Name of htmlclass=slide to each image you want to appear in your slideshow.
    These can be on their own Layers so you can hide them and even put the Layers in a different order.
    It still all works if you stack them together on one layer (save mouseOver).

For a slideshow, the images should be the same size and stacked.
    You can have any shape, size or position; they will fade in /roll down where you place them.

You can add a shadow or a line to them or surround them with a frame.

Here is my sampler; CSS jQuery - SimpleSlideShower.web
    I forget and added a Smart Shape that earlier versions don't like - ignore the warning, the slideshow still works.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 24 July 2016 at 10:01 AM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat