Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default An auction in my Xara web designer premium 360 website

I want to auction just one item in my Xara web designer premium 360 website. Does anyone know the best way to do that? I appreciate any ideas. I am new to this forum. So hope to be in the right place.

Default Re: An auction in my Xara web designer premium 360 website

Welcome to TalkGraphics Tom

Why not do this on eBay?

Are you thinking of a live auction?

I don't know of any auction widget or module, but you could create a form and have visitors submit the form with their bids.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I am thinking of a live auction. I thought about eBay and may go that way but I was hoping there was a widget or module because I wanted to see if I could do it myself on my own site.(Ego issues and trying to be cool.) I was hoping there was a way to show the highest current bid without updating the site myself each time someone bid. I am wondering...this might be a bit of a far out thought...would eBay have some way to embed the auction item...some code to paste into my website page? I appreciate any thoughts you may have. Thank you gwpriester . A form might be a way to go too. I am just checking out the options for now.

A form isn't going to cut this at all if there's a fixed cut-off time. Ebay bids shoot up in the last few seconds.

Is the work trying to set up an auction really worth it? How would any bidders ever find your auction and in comparison with the ebay community your pool of potential bidders would be much smaller.

Naturally eBay charge money, but I guess the extensive infrastructure to support the activity costs.

..would eBay have some way to embed the auction item...some code to paste into my website page?
    Search for:
    ebay auction on my website

That states you can.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Pauland. I think your right about eBay. I could just post a link to it from my website... is a lot less work and larger pool of bidders.

Thanks Egg Bramhill. I will do that search.

As an aside to this, I recently saw a flower auction in Holland. 700 people bidding for flowers (to sell to florists).

They used a reverse auction. I'd never seen it before. You are only allowed one bid and the first bidder wins. Unlike ebay and 'standard' auctions the price starts high and drops continually on a timer.

To get the best price the buyers hold their nerve until they think the price is good and hope nobody jumps in before they make their bid.

Now that's bidding excitement.

Paul

You were right Egg Bramhill! Found a site that offers just what I want, https://www.auctionnudge.com/ Auction Nudge is a set of free widgets to integrate eBay into your own website. If you sell on eBay you can include Your eBay Listings, Your eBay Profile and Your eBay Feedback on your site by installing one line of code. Display your current eBay data on your own site. It updates automatically! Free too. Very cool.

Very interesting. A reverse auction. I would like to see that before I would try it. Sounds like it might work well for a fund raiser for a non profit organization.