Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default emded video or youtube for site

Hi, just wondering your thoughts on embedding a video using the import function or uploading it to youtube and then putting it on the site.
    I do like the simple clean look of the embedded player and without all the youtube rubbish, but there is no seo value.
    thoughts?

Default Re: emded video or youtube for site

Quote Originally Posted by GStas View Post
    Hi, just wondering your thoughts on embedding a video using the import function or uploading it to youtube and then putting it on the site.
    I do like the simple clean look of the embedded player and without all the youtube rubbish, but there is no seo value.
    thoughts?
    anyone?

The main problem with hosting the video on your site is video's are large files and most hosting services have bandwidth limits. This may be a problem. Hosting it on YouTube of course doesn't cause this issue.

I'm not sure what you mean by "youtube rubbish". If you mean the alternative videos it serves up at the end of play, this can be stopped.

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    The main problem with hosting the video on your site is video's are large files and most hosting services have bandwidth limits. This may be a problem. Hosting it on YouTube of course doesn't cause this issue.

I'm not sure what you mean by "youtube rubbish". If you mean the alternative videos it serves up at the end of play, this can be stopped.

LINK
    Thanks. I ama ware about stopping whats comes up next but do like the look of the simple clean player in 365. The video is 250mb so its not too big.
    I cant see how to import a video from youtube onto the website? any ideas?

Default Re: embedded video or youtube for site

worked out how to do it. ive embedded youtube code with option not to play what comes up next. Thanks again

Default Re: embedded video or youtube for site

Glad you sorted it out
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host