Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Does DP365 have tool similar to Photoshop's free transform?

browj2 - ShiftN is the Perspective Correction Tool and is at the end of the Photo Tool fly out menu. It has been there for at least three or four versions.

That said, I just checked in the program files and by golly there is a stand alone ShiftN. Shut my mouth and never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by cadudesun View Post
    Thanks all for the comments and tips.
    I'd really like to cut Photoshop from my budget.
    I tried the Mold Tool and I found the results quite acceptable.
    Here there is a screen-recording with the experiment: https://goo.gl/ULB8S0
    Besides the perspective issue, I found the Mold Tool made the bitmap considerable sharper than the original:
    IAttachment 113583
    The Mold Tool should work for most of my needs.

I would appreciate a further help:
    As you can see in the screen-recording, after applying the Mold Tool the clip/crop seems stuck/locked. How to clip/crop the image after Mold Tool adjustments?

Thanks,
    Cadu_
    1. Select the molded image.
    2. Arrange-->Create Bitmap Copy(Shift+Strl+C)
    3. Hold the Shift key to place it in place.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalphaser View Post
    1. Select the molded image.
    2. Arrange-->Create Bitmap Copy(Shift+Strl+C)
    3. Hold the Shift key to place it in place.
    It worked. Thanks!

By the way, I made additional tests with Xara's automatic perspective correction (Photo Tool), which engine is ShiftN as mentioned in this thread.
    The former image (mountain) I've attached had many issues with vertical lines, what I think is the cause of the bad output I experienced at begging.
    But considering the automatic perspective correction applied to images with clear vertical lines (e.g. buildings), the output is quite good. I've attached the sample image provided by ShiftN.
    DP has inbuilt ShiftN v.3.5, but there is a ShiftN standalone, which is in v.4: http://www.shiftn.de/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	perspective_sample.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	113592

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Unfortunately not. It has been requested many times to be able to manually change the perspective of bitmaps and have this capability included in the Mould tool.
    Sorry to have misled you, cadudesun, because the perspective molds work quite well. I was confused with the curved envelopes that distort photographs in unintended ways.

I saw that you got things to work following the suggestion to convert the Mould-ed image into a bitmap. Another way to do it is to create a rectangle sized and positioned to be that of the desired crop, locate it under (in the stacking order) the mould-ed image, select it and the image and press Q for Clipview.

Quote Originally Posted by RichH View Post
    create a rectangle sized and positioned to be that of the desired crop, locate it under (in the stacking order) the mould-ed image, select it and the image and press Q for Clipview.
    Thanks. Handy!