Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Line Selection Shortcut

Is there shortcut to selecting a straight line that happens to lay atop a guide line? My cursor responds to the guide, preventing me from selecting the line. If there is a way, it would be faster than having to box the line for selection. Just curious is there is such a shortcut. Thanks.

Dan

Default Re: Line Selection Shortcut

Only a few ways I know of. You can draw out a selection around the line with the Selector tool. You can change the Guide layers visibility (turn it off). You can lock the Guide layer. In the latter two circumstances, you can directly select the line.

Mike

if you have designer pro you can hold down alt and drag the mouse over the line [in selector tool mode]- that should work - it will select everything the mouse travels over that is not on a hidden/locked layer
    Last edited by handrawn; 21 July 2016 at 04:31 PM. Reason: selector tool mode]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I generally lock the guide layer as Mike suggested. With the guide layer locked you can still use snapping you just can't select anything on that layer. But you can still see your guides.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I Use the tab key to toggle thru objects/selections. You have to lock the guides layer to use this shortcut key.

Thanks, everyone. More options than I realized.