Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to transfer Xara files into Adobe Muse?

The site is created inside Xara software. It is very big with lots of links and external blogs. Is it possible and how to move/convert/transform Xara files into Adobe Muse files/software without starting page creation inside Muse from beginning?
    Any tips appreciates very much!

--->If it is wrong section,please mod move it to right one.Didnīt know where to ask but need response and some help.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: How to transfer Xara files into Adobe Muse?

Miramar, you will almost certainly be creating the site from scratch. Perhaps that's a good thing.

Thatīs what I was afraid. Thanks for quick answer!

At least you can copy and paste text, and you'll already have the images to hand.

Why have you decided to migrate the site? I ask not because I contest your decision, but it can be useful to know for Xara and the rest of us what Muse has that Xara lacks ( I have an idea, but it's your opinion that's important here).

Partly to skip buying new Xara every time(no phone,ipad support in older versions),since weīve purchased some Adobe CC products for work purpose,partly to learn new things,since we have tried also Word Press. I donīt know if Muse will fullfill my expectations but you donīt know if you didnīt try.
    Cheers

OK, but the 'buying' rational doesn't quite make sense - all products require that money be thrown at them. You'll be obliged to keep on paying with Muse.

Let us know how you get on.

Sorry,didnīt precised it correctly.We got Adobe CC with Cloud through(!) work. Weīll see how it goes.

Ah, I see. Nobody can undercut the price of 'free' software!

Instead creating the site from scratch, what about exporting all the Xara site to .PSD, then import it into Muse?
    I don't know well how Xara website, but since Muse can handle .PSD I am curious to know if this process would work.
    Thanks for info,
    Cadu