Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara reply for "Where is in XDP365 the "More... > Find..." button?" is consistent?

Hi,

I asked the follow question to Xara support:
    "Where is in XDP365 the "More... > Find..." button available in XDPX11, which is needed to find content in the local designs gallery?"

Xara's support reply:
    "The more > find in the designs gallery has been replaced with the search bar in the content catalogue as the search results it produced were incomplete and the new more accurate keyword searching we provide in the CC cannot be supported offline in the DG. Apologies for the inconvenience caused."

-----

IMO, the reply is vague and I'm not sure about the technical limitation that local designs gallery "search results it produced were incomplete". I use XDP X11 and the search works pretty well.
    The on-line content catalog may delivery better search results considering all content available in XDPX365, including those results of on-line and off-line content. But it is slow, it doesn't differentiate what is already imported into local gallery and the worse: it just work if internet is available.

So, there is no grounded reason I could realized that justifies removing in XDP365 the "More... > Find..." button. This functionality is just to search through content that was already imported/downloaded, and for that the search does work perfectly. Also, it is necessary in order users can handle properly the off-line/downloaded content.

I would appreciate to know from other users of Talk Graphics what is the thought about this issue and if there is indeed a technical limitation that justifies removing the functionality. Otherwise, I would suggest a collective petition to be addressed to Xara in order to (re)implement in XDP365 the "More... > Find..." button.

Best,
    Cadu_

Default Re: Xara reply for "Where is in XDP365 the "More... > Find..." button?" is consistent

Cadu, I have been petitioning Xara for many months over this issue so thank you for your observations.

It is actually worse as the lack of the Find... button ties people into forcing a renewal of their 365-day Update Guarantee.

I have created a utility in MS Excel that trawls the local folders and builds up the names, locations and hyperlinks of the assets.
    The downside is I have not adding in the images.

Also the On-line Content Catalogue (OCC) Search actually munges the results of all sources into one bucketful so even if you find the asset you need, you always have to return to the OCC to find it all over again unless you narrow the search in the OCC to the folder and then remember the folder thereafter.

Someone in Xara doesn't actually use its own product in real life.

Acorn

P.S. I suggest the real reason is the addition of all of the Business Templates has shown the search algorithm that was used was now deadly slow.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat