Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: XDP365 isn't showing image DPI accurately as Photoshop does.

I think you are not concentrating on what I am saying egg.. for example, what I said was that your second version of the help: Blank photos are imported at their pixel dimensions, not their dpi is not worded the same as Photos are always imported/opened at their full size in photo documents - yes the first is a consequence of the second, but you have to know that don't you.. if you don't, it is less than helpful

and yes it has been optimised - maybe not it the way you define it here, but that is not the only way of looking at it - and this has consequence as follows

regarding:

Why export at 300dpi. The photo document opens at full size, edit it and re-save
    because if you just save, then the internal info in the file will now be tagged at 96dpi and not 300dpi, and in case you forgot, the whole point of the OP's question was to keep the tagging at 300dpi - ok this is not important in absolute terms, but it is important if it is what is actually required in practice, for print use or whatever...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Open the Bridge.jpg in Xara. It opens at 2000px. Do some editing. Clone/Magic Erase for example. Save.
    Import the editited Bridge.jpg image into Xara Document Page, with the options set to "Import at dpi specified in the image file".
    Open the Bitmap Gallery.
    What dpi is reported?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

ok I see what I did wrong - I imported into a new blank document and saved that which defaults to 96dpi if you don't notice and click on the settings button to change the export settings - export settings in a save just noticed it - well I shall continue to forget about these documents I think

thanks though for putting me right
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host