Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Gallery Flyout

Default Gallery Flyout

My gallery flyout is broken. I thought someone here might have a fix. Basically it shows my layers gallery but that's it. If I turn the flyout off it doesn't change anything. If I uncheck the page flyout specifically it drops away to only being seen as a vertical bar on the left. I can not uncheck any of the other galleries. They just stay checked but do not show on the screen. any ideas on what might be going on here? It makes it impossible to work with the app as I can't adjust things like line profiles and ends.

thanks,

Joe

Default Re: Gallery Flyout

Do any of these quick keys work?

Local Designs Gallery Shift+F10
    Fill Gallery Shift+F11
    Frame Gallery Shift+F12
    Page & Layer Gallery F10
    Bitmap Gallery F11
    Line Gallery Ctrl+F9

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Or you could try closing the program, right-click the launch icon & choose "Run as Administrator".
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I occasionally have problems with that too. How I solve the problem is uncheck all the galleries one by one then recheck the fly-out bar and everything is back to normal.
    I have tried unchecking the fly-out and checking each gallery then dragging them closed as much as possible but that is messy. Right now I have the fly-out bar, the fill gallery and the name gallery checked and everything is fine. Hope that might work for you too.

EDIT: I have not tried running as administrator yet but just closing the program and restarting my computer didn't work for me.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks for the input folks. I tried to launch it via 'administrator' with no changes to the app. As for your suggestion Larry, I had actually tried to do something like that before but I am unable to check or uncheck any of the gallery flyouts with the exception of the page / layer flyout. I even tried that again after launching in Admin mode just to make sure and while they all show as 'checked' none of them display and they can't be unchecked.

My 'solution' was just just go ahead and upgrade to the next silly 365 thing. It offers a few things that I'll use and the chart capability will keep me out of illustrator a bit more (which is always a good thing) but as has been echoed by a few people this time, and has been true since .... god, I'm not even sure what the last version that made improvements was .... there are next to no real vector tool improvements. Just a lot more 'wizzbang'. That's a bit disappointing, but unfortunately expected these days. I will probably be using some of the smart objects for quick business graphics though, just to shave some time. (still wondering if we can make them ourselves or not)

Anyway, the upgrade to Pro X didn't fix X11 either. It's still broke. I can try to install a fresh copy of it, but at this point that's probably a moot point.

Thanks again.

try xara menu: window/control bars and the reset button - this will reset all your UI bars
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

We have a winner!

Thank you much, that did it. I didn't even realize that was there... but then you can't expect to know everything after only +-20 years of using a product.

Thanks again,

always glad when things work

you'll remember this then
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara x splash.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	113285  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    try xara menu: window/control bars and the reset button - this will reset all your UI bars
    good on you handrawn, I'll have to remember that next time but hopefully there will be no next time.

I kind of shy away from that because I don't want to change all my settings again, but maybe that would be worth it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.