Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Drag&drop from FastStone/alternative file explorers doesn`t load image in Xara

Hi,

I would appreciate help:

When I drag&drop image from FastStone or other alternative file explorer (e.g. XYplorer), the image doesn`t load in Xara X11 or X365. Simply nothing happens.
    If I drag&drop from Windows Explorer, the image is loaded in Xara properly.
    What is strange is if I drag&drop from FastStone into Photoshop or any other program I tried, the image is loaded properly.
    It leads me to think that the issue is between Xara and FastStone or other alternative file explorer.
    Does anyone have similar problem and a workaround to allow drag&drop image from FastStone into Xara?

Thanks for assistance,
    Carlos_

Default Re: Drag&drop from FastStone/alternative file explorers doesn`t load image in Xara

Carlos, not a direct answer but does dragging from your file explorer onto the Desktop and then from the Desktop into Xara work?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Drag&drop from FastStone/alternative file explorers doesn`t load image in Xara

I dragged from Faststone to Desktop, then from Desktop to Xara. It worked.
    Direct from Faststone (or other file explorer than Windows Explorer), Xara doesn't load the image.

Was wondering this myself.
    I use XNview and it doesn't support drag/drop either in the latest version(s)
    It did once in the past,but I don't recall which version.

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by cadudesun View Post
    I dragged from Faststone to Desktop, then from Desktop to Xara. It worked.
    Direct from Faststone (or other file explorer than Windows Explorer), Xara doesn't load the image.
    I wouldn't think it would. I always save from Faststone to Desktop first.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Try Zoner Photo Studio (I use PRO , but the free version should work just as well). It drags and drops fine, at least it does in XPGD10

It even views and drags and drops XAR's, I find it easier to use than the Designs gallery.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks for replies.
    It's really strange this XDP limitation which doesn't allow load/import image from image browsers as Faststone.
    I recorded my screen showing Photoshop loading images from Faststone and XYplorer, at same time that XDP can't load the same images: https://goo.gl/edmBtp
    Should it be considered a bug?

Hi, the same issue for me. XDP X11 and XDP 365/12. When trying to drag and drop a file fron XDP from XnView, Bridge or TotalCommander nothing happens. From Explorer works fine.
    In XDP X there wasn't this restriction. Maybe a registry limitation?