Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Needs to be online for Insert/Shape menu in V12?

Being not too clear about that which part of the Xara Designer Pro X V12 needs the user to be online.

Concretely from menu Insert/Shape and adding a Spiral and Ellipse or Rectangle, presumably those do not need internet connection? But for example on the same way adding Arrows, that opens the Online Content Catalog so that needs internet?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spirals.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	113267

Is there some method to have the program content separated from the internet?

Default Re: Needs to be online for Insert/Shape menu in V12?

Once something from the content catalog has been downloaded, it is added to the revised Local Designs Gallery from where you can access it and work with the content while not being online.

Thanks, is there also possible somehow download all the content? Or that is possible only from the DVD which comes after the order?

Open and pin the Local Designs gallery.
    Right click on the First Look folder and then Download All.
    Against the Local Designs gallery, you will also have ...downloading and an enabled Stop Update button.
    After a few seconds, you should see ...(Updated) appended to the folder name.

You can do the same for each folder or sub-folder.
    Do note that the total downloaded content will take up over 2GB of space.
    This is mainly the website templates and will take a long time, so be patient.

You can then go off-grid and use the downloaded assets without going on-line.

Xara has removed the More... > Find... button, which you really need to find things.
    Raise a ticket with them to ask how you find stuff without the Internet or when your access to their on-line content has expired.

You should also download the Content Pack and MAGIX PanoramaStudio (Help > Download Content installer).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

thanks for the info. helped getting a lot of stuff for offline use
    i cannot find any clipart that came in the clipart folder in xdp 11, even after having downloaded all for all the folders. is there a way of importing clipart from xdp 11? in which folder is clipart stored in xdp 11?

at times i have no online access. so this would be helpful - and i would not need to have xdp 11 and xdp 12 installed on the laptop.

Contents for XDP 11 is, if I remember correctly, only available on the DVD that was sent to you after you obtained your purchased download from Xara.

thanks boy
    did not find it on the dvd, but found it on the installation on the pc - it is to be found in user/xx/appdataL/local/xara/xtremepro/11/cache/designs/eng/clipart.
    i just have to find a way now to bring it into xdp 12. adding designs from disc does not bring it into the current installation of xdp 12 - it is just creating a link to the folder in appdata. i can't even see all the text because it is so long.

i will keep blodding on.

Aha, you still have XDP 11 installed on your computer. If not, the DVD would allow you to reinstall the program and add all the contents you were used to having at your disposal.

The path you mentioned is to one of Xara's internal system folders. The actual clipart you will find in "C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X11\Clipart\ENG".
    Last edited by Boy; 04 August 2016 at 11:34 AM.