Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to prevent P&G D 365 freezing

Hello from a newbie to the forum.

Just purchased this version and experiencing repeated freezing of programme, with a choice of shutting down or waiting for the programme to resume. Waiting takes me into a loop. Problem occurs when clicking the Camera icon to enter the Enhance Tool.

Problem is unique to this programme as my other programmes are not reacting in this way.

Can anyone offer a solution to this problem please.

Default Re: How to prevent P&G D 365 freezing

Welcome to TG Flyboat. Try right-clicking over the P&G launch icon and select "Run as Administrator". Keep us informed.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Many thanks for the response E M. It proved to be the solution to the problem.
    Thank you for your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Welcome to TG Flyboat. Try right-clicking over the P&G launch icon and select "Run as Administrator". Keep us informed.
    I'm aware of doing this Run as administrator as I've used it myself but I've never asked why this action corrects the problem. Any idea Egg or anyone?

Stygg

the simple answer is that the necessary permissions to fully install were not set in the computer - that can be because of the way the computer was set at the factory, or because of av/firewall security settings, or because of the user account type for example

I have only ever had to do this for one program, and it was not Xara it was SAI; after a reinstall of the program, until I ran it right-click/admin, it would do a first-run check everytime the program opened because it was being denied a registry write to say it was installed ok - I did not have time to persue the detail, maybe one day...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...