Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
So, please; VKenner, stay! So please, Xara, keep in touch with you real users. And so please, all members of this forum, be loyal to your choice and this community. Help each other, give advice and let the software be what you are ...
Michael,

thank you for your words and your opinion on the development of Xara Designer.

I want to express it once more. My intention in my first post was not and is not to bitch against the software and absolutely not against the forum. I highly value and respect it's members and the way they discussed so many topics over the years.

But I wanted to state that I came to the conclusion that Designer is being developed in a direction that is not of interest for me right now. I emphasise that the original core of the program as a vector tool that also handels pixels is very good and I will keep using my version 11.

If Xara/Magix came to the conclusion that the current direction is the best way to reach new users and increase sales to pay the bills this is absolutely ok to do for them. I'm just not going along.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
And that's exactly why I'm in this discussion here about leaving Xara, romancing Affinity Designer and frankly, some remarks that remind me more of brand loyalty or a bad marriage rather than a designer picking out tools for an assignment.
Gary,

interesting you read my reference towards Affinity as romancing. Written word is so much open for interpretation. I decidedly mentioned this program because I want Xara to see that other developments by other companies are recognised by their own users.

And speaking of a bad marriage. Even if I like the program the lack of development (with vector tools) over the last two years indeed made me feel a little frustrated. And thus you found a good metaphore for my decision to split up ;-)

All the best,

V.