Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Default Re: JUST RELEASED! Xara Designer Pro X365

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Prewett View Post
    I have just bought the upgrade yesterday and running today will not download content until I buy the full version!!

Peter
    I'm not sure I follow that - if you have bought the upgrade, you then have an upgraded full version...?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

That is what I thought then there is no link to get the following either.
    •The option of using PanoramaStudio 3.0 - a more advanced version of the panorama stitcher. (download and install using the option in the Help menu, after you've unlocked Designer Pro).

When I tried to register on installation, which is now greyed out in help, it said already registered.

I have asked Xara for help.

the register online in help is for when you have deactivated [the next entry down] - say you have xara installed on two computers which is the max, but you want to use it on a third - you would deactivate on one of the two in use and then install the program on the third, you do not need uninstall the one you deactivated - as long as you deactivate one of the two now in use first, you can go back to it by re-registering it [I hope that make sense ]

the program should activate during install and then let you download content - download content installer and pan studio is the opition that should then be in the help menu..
    Last edited by handrawn; 07 July 2016 at 10:42 AM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I'm assuming that this new version still offers no method of offline activation. If that's the case, thanks but I'll keep my x9 and start looking at Serif Affinity....

It did activate and the help menu item is not listed neither can I get the design gallery it tells me need to get the full version which it is.

Peter - Do you see Help > Download Content Installer and Panorama Studio? You have to do this first before you have the option in Panorama Studio 3.

Hypervox - Almost all software works this way now. I used to fight it but I gave up. Once you have registered you can work off line.

No not listed.

There is more to it as I cannot get the design gallery items either. Clicking on components download all nothing happens.

I had loaded the PRO X on my laptop and now powering up and running PRO X has the entry and it is downloading and installing.

Perhaps Xara has blocked my main desktop installation, then I thought we could have two licenses.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Hypervox - Almost all software works this way now. I used to fight it but I gave up. Once you have registered you can work off line.
    This is only true if you can get online in the first place. I have used two setups in the past - one where I had a connection, and one where I could not for legitimate company reasons. At least with X9 I was able to activate offline in that situation - now that is impossible.

There are situations where an internet connection is just not available for whatever reason. If companies want to pursue a purely online only model, then there will be customers who jump ship at that point, simply because they are unable to comply. It's not a case of choice, because the choice of offline activation has been removed.

I wish Xara every success - but from now on I will instead pursue other alternatives that are more flexible with their licensing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi King View Post
    Anybody know how to change the splashscreen? The bitmap is not in the usual place.

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi King View Post
    Anyone?
    Just create a design, export it as a BMP, name it splashscreen.bmp and place it in the subfolder named bitmaps under the application folder.

That's it. Xara applications have always had an internal version to display in the absence of the external one. Evidently the external one just isn't being shipped/installed.

Mike