Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Default Re: JUST RELEASED! Xara Designer Pro X365

Fred, at 6 meters (~236"), your only real option is likely a PDF versus...what format would you use? And to go that large with a PDF, one has to use a PostScript file and then Acrobat Distiller using a certain preset in order to obtain a usable PDF. I have done roughly 10 meters in length to PDF. All image types have a pixel limitation (number of pixels in the image).

I often have full background images. These need divided and reassembled in XDP as XDP cannot handle a single image that large when using PDF. Because of the viewing distance that banner was to be seen, I made the bitmap elements to be about 70 dpi. It was also full of large type and vector elements.

Mike

Mike, the pdf generator chokes on my images. Never was usable for me. I need to split up large images or use a Photoshop plugin to add (a lot of) extra pixels. Being able to make larger images than the 2,7 meters (9') is my major pet peeve since years, especially since the 64-bit version.

Yep, I understood that, Fred. One part of the problem has been Xara's file limitation. Now that this is removed, it comes down to how well XDP can process the info on the page given the computer's resources. If you would like you could prepare one such drawing and upload it to your server or a place like dropbox.com and send me a private message for the download link and I would be happy to try it.

Your call.

Mike

Xara Designer Pro X365 has been updated today as part of the Update Service, you can find some more info in http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...November-2016)
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

The text stuff is still duplicated and on the wrong bar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-000421.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	115010  

Nice, but I can't find the Vertically Aligned Text button in XDP365. Where did you find that button mike?
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

I had to reset my bars to get the text stuff to work properly.

Which one is the vertically aligned text button, xtom?

Here Mike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vert-align-2.png 
Views:	130 
Size:	3.9 KB 
ID:	115012  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    I had to reset my bars to get the text stuff to work properly.

Which one is the vertically aligned text button, xtom?
    It's the one very top right in your image (new feature).

Reseting the toolbars made it appear, thanks!
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.