Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to edit textures in the fill gallery

I am using P&G Designer 10. I found several textures in the Fill Gallery that I would like to use for various designs I am working on, but don't know how to edit the color to suit my design purposes. For example, in the Low Res Medium Textures category there is a texture named Flowers 2. It is shown with a gray color. This is exactly the texture I am looking for, but I need to change the color to something in the brown range instead. Is this possible to do? When I right click on the Flowers 2 sample hoping to find a way to edit the color, there are no options to do so.

I am sure there are easy ways to edit colors for the textured fill galleries, but this is the first time I have needed to find a way to do so and can't figure out the secret. Thanks for anyone's prompt assistance!

Default Re: How to edit textures in the fill gallery

Hello txusa

To get the result you want, you have to :

1 - select the squared filled object (the texture "Flowers 2" for instance)
    2 - then you can see the 2 arrows of the "fill tool"

-> the center of the square has a black color assigned
    -> the 2 external points, at the end of the arrows, have the white color assigned
    This combinaison of white and black colors gives this "grey aspect" of the object.

3. Clicking in theses points, then pointing on one or other color of the color panel at the bottom of Xara will help you to get the 2 colors you want (I suppose a dark and a light brown)

You will need a bit practice to understand the thing, and find the rights colors to apply...

test fills 01.xar
    Last edited by stephane_fr; 28 June 2016 at 11:15 PM.
    Stéphane
    Graphisme, illustrations & Webdesign - France
    creavisa

To edit the texture itself use the 3D bump map and try the various settings it will come out b//w but you can change the color by changing the color of the light anyway that's what I would suggest.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Drag and drop the texture from the fill gallery into a document. Now with the texture selected right click on any colour on the colourline and choose either light or dark contone. Once you have a colour contone set you can use the colour editor to adjust it. you can also tweak the image with the photo tools if you wish. Once you are happy with your texture you can export it to a folder on your hard drive or just make a bitmap copy and apply it from the bitmaps gallery just as you would a fill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I had tried that Frances and it didn't seem to work for me,not sure why, but, 3D bump map did.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Don't know why your having trouble changing the colours of a texture Larry, you can do as Frances points out or select the texture and click on the colour editor which will pop up with "No Colour - Click to change" then you can alter the light and dark contone colours to what ever.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Texture contones.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	113171  

Thanks Stygg. I tried that several times and couldn't get the result I expected which is what you show.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509