Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XDP11 is a little laggy..

Hi When I use my program DP11 it seems to lag a little not as snappy as it used to be.. Does anyone else experience this if so what did you do about it. I have windows 10.. Thanks Dave

Default Re: XDP11 is a little laggy..

Just a few questions: When the program starts, does it also automatically load files that you were working on? Did you add extra brushes to the brushes folder? Do you work with a lot of (large) pictures? Do you use a lot of Live Effects?

Yes it loads files I have worked on, but it has done that before and done so pretty quickly it seems to have slowed down now. I added brushes a while back and despite that it loaded fairly quickly. But now it is significantly slower even when I make changes on a project. Generally I try to used smaller pictures. And live effects are used minimally. I love the way XDP11 is laid out but to be honest I have had alot of problems with this program and I was always contacting support. This is the second version of XDP I am not sure if I am willing to invest more time and money on newer versions if it goes like this all the time. I wish that were not the case.

I have moved this to the Xara Graphics Chat forum.

I wonder if what you are experiencing is Windows downloading an update on your computer.

Often when my system seems sluggish, a few days later Windows will update and then things are back up to speed.

Hi Gary, Not thats not it because my windows has already been updated. This seemed to happen for a while now. Is there some kind of cache in the program that maybe needs to be cleaned? Just wondering if it could be something like that.

Not that I am going to upgrade but have you upgraded to the 365 program if so how does it compare?

Designer Pro X 365 has not be released yet so I can't say. But there was no speed increase in Web Designer 365.