Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Animations not working on Android devices

I have created a website that uses the newer animations, and they work fine on the desktop version. I created a completely separate mobile site using elements, including animations, from the desktop site. I use a redirect to send phone users to the mobile site.
    The mobile site works perfectly on the iPhone, but some animations do not work on Android phones.
    I have scoured these forums for any possible reasons this is happening, but cannot see anything. Could one of you experts help me out?
    The website is http://totaltrackgps.com/ (it is not responsive, this url on a phone will take you to the mobile version)
    On the homepage, I have a link lower down, to "OEM Silos" and "Mixed Fleets", these have animations but just do not start on an Android. It works fine on an iPhone.
    Any ideas what is wrong?

Default Re: Animations not working on Android devices

Hi Andy,

It take it you mean the animations on the pages that link from these buttons? They work both on my android & iphone.

So I can't say what issue your having.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes Egg, the 'moving silos' animation and the moving logos animation. I cant send a direct link, or you won't be directed to the mobile site. I have checked these animations on a couple of phones and one emulator, and these particular animations do not start. Can you tell me what Android phone or flavour you are using please, for me to check further. Thanks for taking the time to check!

Hi again Andy,

My Android is a HTC Desre 310. Android version 4.2.2

Using Chrome browser but I can't find version details.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Andy, there are no animations for me.

Hi James, thanks for looking. It does appear that my animations do not work on the default browser on Android devices. Anyone have any ideas why not? I will keep playing and see if anything gets them going.

I was using Chrome

How did you create the animations Andy?
    Egg

Egg, I used the bog standard Xara animation option.

So you used xara to create a gif?

Can you attach one of your Xara animation files?
    Egg