Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Pop Ups

Default Pop Ups

Hi all , back with another questions, just wandering if it possible to create a pop up that comes up at the bottom of you web page which a user can close . Have attached a copy of one that comes up from windows 10 as an example. If it is possible can anyone explain how ( dummies instructions please )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	113116

Default Re: Pop Ups

In the Page & Layer Gallery, create a new layer and give it a name and move it to the top of the other layers. Select the layer title then click Properties > Pop-up Settings.

Un-check Close pop-up automatically. Place your content on that layer.

Select the MouseOff layer and add your button or text on this layer and link it to Show Pop-up Layer.

Thank you gwpriester ... shall give it a go , will let you know how i go .

Be sure to report back.

I can't find a way in Xara alone but it can be done using jquery, without much effort. Not at the bottom of the page though, but the middle.

Just needs one line of code in the page head and a few lines code in the page body.

I've attached two example files.

Preview the popup-loader.xar to see the effect.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg Bramhill and gwpriester , sorry i have not responded sooner have been away for the past week , shall give both options a go and see which works best ... back soon to let you know how i go