Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default No Longer Able To PDF Helvetica Font In XD7

This just started today. Has anyone experienced not being able to PDF certain fonts? I find it a little weird that I was able to PDF all my fonts for so long and now one font is no longer works with PDF. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,
    Steve

Default Re: No Longer Able To PDF Helvetica Font In XD7

A little more detail would be of assistance Steve. Are you importing or exporting the pdf etc etc
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Helvetica used to be one of two fonts that were assumed to be installed on all computers. The other being Times Roman. But these days Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, and Trebuchet MS have all but replaced Helvetica on PCs. So the only way to embed Helvetica in a PDF document is to have Helvetica installed on your computer.

At the very least you want to have Helvetica, italic, bold and bold italic installed if you want to use this in a PDF document. https://www.fonts.com/search/all-fon...text=Helvetica

Sorry. Exporting to PDF. I have the font installed as well.

Another thought is the font may not have permission to embed. Though usually Xara will embed a font but it won't be editable.

You do not list a product on your Profile page. What product are you using?

Gary, I just added products to my profile. Haven't looked at my profile in years. Lol

As for the font, I got it years ago and can't recall how. Anyway, I am installing the font Acumin Pro from Typekit, which should resolve the issue. Thanks for your help.

Steve