Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Wacom Intuos graphics pad and pen

I know a lot if not all your artists out there use graphics pens and pad to work with Xara. I have the intuos 3 which is now out of production and it has always run fine for me until I upgraded to windows 10. Now it does some strange things and I've tried to get answers on the internet but nothing helps. For example if I take something as simple as a circle and then right click on the color row to give the line a color I keep getting a fill color. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the tablet with no luck. And if I try to right click on an object to open the pop-up window I get a duplicate image. I can't figure it out and have no idea where to go to make adjustments. I love my intuos and don't want to give it up but if I can't get it to work properly then I'm probably going to have to spend a couple of hundred dollars to get a later model. Here's an interesting factotum if you will. Right click works perfectly in all my other functions such as my Microsoft office programs and in several other graphics programs as well. Why it's acting so funny in Xara I can't fathom. Also of note the drag and drop works fine and selecting text also but right click nada. Perhaps someone would like to suggest a course of action. Thanks.

Manny

Default Re: Wacom Intuos graphics pad and pen

My suggestions would be:
    1. Bite the bullet and buy a new model. If it's just a replacement for using a mouse, then get the cheapest bamboo.
    2. Reinstall Windows 7
    3. Buy a Mac and run Parallels
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Default Re: Wacom Intuos graphics pad and pen

once you get the wacom driver working - check it is set in mouse mode rather than pen mode in the tablet preferences app that the drivers install - if xara does not see your pen as a mouse you will not get the popup menu, and that may be a windows 10 thing...

Sorry, I cannot check this for you as I now use a cintiq which has a different setup and no mouse mode as such
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...