Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Trying to edit pdf in PGD10

Hi Andy, been busy watching the football. I can't understand how you're text is being formatted. You don't seem to be using any tabs, so I'm somewhat mystfied. However, taking your xar file & exporting (from XDPX 11) to pdf keeps the spacing pretty accurate. See attached file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

HI Egg,
    The original document wasn't mine. It belongs to a supplier of a company I am doing some Web and IT work for. I simply downloaded the original pdf file from their supplier's website and opened the pdf in PGD10. Originally I tried placing a coloured box over the text... then I realised that I could actually edit the text on the document itself. However in the pdf document edited within Xara (and saved as a pdf file when text had been edited) everything looked ok, but when saved as a pdf file the positioning of the text had changed within the pdf file itself. Hope I've explained by observation well enough to understand...

What I did was download the original pdf file.
    Open the pdf file in Xara
    Perform any edits to experiment
    Go to "Save" and Save as pdf format. Then I observed text repositioning.

NewProducts.pdf
    Last edited by AndyD; 14 June 2016 at 09:57 PM.

A lot of times do I create a bitmap copy of what's on the page and place those in the to be exported PDF file.
    That way I know it will look exactly the same as how I intended it to.

Making sure to keep the original text of to the side in case changes need to be made.

Importing pdf's to Xara is never 100% accurate. Text in particular can very easily be split into more than one text block. It's getting better over time but still leads to problems.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host