Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Exporting JPEG from Xara Designer with real "last modified" date

When I'm typing up notes or instructions, I embed a lot of images - either diagrams I've drawn in Xara Designer Pro v11, or photos that I've imported, edited, and exported.

Typically I'll be using Word or Google Apps's Gmail to insert the images, and have the Windows Explorer folder view set to default to showing files in descending order by 'Last modified': so the newest files are at the top.

It works well, except if I've exported something from Xara Designer that includes a photo taken from a digital camera. The "last modified" date is not the time/date that I just exported the file, rather, the time/date that the actual photo was taken.

Xara Designer seems to be giving my files a fake timestamp, based on perhaps the EXIF data held in the original JPEG. I've looked in Xara Designers option boxes and see nothing to stop it from doing that, and am not sure what to search this forum for - but my searches so far have been fruitless.

Does anyone know of a way to encourage Xara Designer to not use the digicam's date/time data? The only way I've found until now has to be to create a bitmap copy (SHIFT+CTRL+C) in Xara Designer before exporting.

Default Re: Exporting JPEG from Xara Designer with real "last modified" date

Seems to me that Xara is doing the right thing, even if it is inconvenient for your use. If the file is unchanged then the exif data does provide an accurate indication of the creation date of the image.

Default Re: Exporting JPEG from Xara Designer with real "last modified" date

It can't be done within Xara. However do a google for "change date time in exif data". There seems to be quite a few programs that will do this, but if the exif data isn't important I'd just stick to create bitmap copy within Xara.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host