Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm having a terrible time in saving brushes I make. Somehow I managed to create a templet with 2 brushes I made and "somehow" these two brushes are appended to a default brush templet.

The problem is I'm not sure how I did what I did and cannot seem to add brushes I've created to this templet.

I have read the Help and do not see any instructions for creating new brush libraries (templets)

Could someone who is really patient and good at explaining how to's please give me a step by step "how to" for doing this.

Also the one I did create seemed to become corrupt so had to delete it and recreate it, and added two additional brushes, but only the two previous brushes show up.

I'm banging my head against a brick wall here. Or maybe I should say I'm banging my brick head against the wall [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Judi A

I'm having a terrible time in saving brushes I make. Somehow I managed to create a templet with 2 brushes I made and "somehow" these two brushes are appended to a default brush templet.

The problem is I'm not sure how I did what I did and cannot seem to add brushes I've created to this templet.

I have read the Help and do not see any instructions for creating new brush libraries (templets)

Could someone who is really patient and good at explaining how to's please give me a step by step "how to" for doing this.

Also the one I did create seemed to become corrupt so had to delete it and recreate it, and added two additional brushes, but only the two previous brushes show up.

I'm banging my head against a brick wall here. Or maybe I should say I'm banging my brick head against the wall [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Judi A

Hi Judy,

Brushes templates are a special kind of template!

If you want to save brush templates you must save the file which contains them to the folder "brushes" which is located inside the folder "templates" itself inside the folder "XaraX".

But you must also keep one line with the brush applied in your brush template file. Don't be afraid, this line doesn't appear in all your new files!

The next time you will open XaraX it will automatically find your brush template and you will see your brush in the brush slider. I don't know how many brush templates files can be hold in this folder, but you can put a lot of brushes in one single file.

For some settings like "scaling" (pressure sensitivity), if you didn't specify a value to your brush it seems the program automatically applies the default value.

If you have any other question, don't hesitate!

Regards,

ivan

Yes, that is what I did, and last night I closed Xara and re-opened it and it wasn't there.

I know that sounds crazy, but true. BUT, after I read your reply and you kissed it and made it all better it was there when I went back and opened Xara again. <tee hee>

What can I say things like that happen to me all the time. I think it is our resident ghost being malicious again.

Thank You, Ivan
    Judi A.