Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Blog Pages

Default Blog Pages

Just wandering if anyone here has placed a blog page on their website . I have been doing some reading but wander which is the best way to go... i believe blogs can help with seo. Which option have you used eg signed up to wordpress blog or google blog and embed into website ? Or is possible to create a wordpress blog and insert so its actually part of your website ( would need instructions on how to do this ). By imbedding a blog page which seems the easiest method do you have the same seo benefits as having a blog page as part of your site ? Would love some feedback on what method others used. Thanks

Default Re: Blog Pages

I'm not certain, but I think that most blog sites do not let you embed the blog in an iframe.

But you can always link to the blog site and then have a link back to your site or have the link open the blog site in a new window or tab so when the visitor is finished reading and closes the blog page your site is still there.

I am not sure how this works with SEO but my theory on SEO protocol is have a site with interesting and relevant content and you will do a lot better than if you have done all the right things but have a site that has little to offer the visitor.

my theory on SEO protocol is have a site with interesting and relevant content and you will do a lot better than if you have done all the right things but have a site that has little to offer the visitor.

Absolutely. A boring blog won't be saved by wonderful SEO, but an interesting blog doesn't need much SEO attention.

These days so many websites try and engage search bots rather than humans.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    These days so many websites try and engage search bots rather than humans.

This is an interesting one. I'm new to Zara as well and this is one I'm looking at. A seamless blog would give you SEO benefits and also ensure that your website is constantly updated (which I think Google looks favourably on). This is why I'd love to have a seamless blog structure on Xara. Obviously an iframe (is that it?) wouldn't do the job either way because, according to my limited understanding, it's a 'hole' in your website as far as google is concerned.

So publish your WordPress blog to a sub-folder of your site. Then use one of Google aggregation tools to add Posts and Comments in an IFRAME.
    Google's bots then see nice Google links and think this is a nice place to be.

There are sites that Google cannot scan as the content is dynamic. I still manage to find them with high listings.

Good content first,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for the feedback,, i must admit learning the website things seems endless ... have seen this tutorial here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBsqAkHg-T8 where you can embed the blog which seems fairly simple . As I am still very new to learning how to put together websites are there any easy tutorials out there on adding and implementing subfolders with xara. Which is the best method for seo effectivness ?