Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Jot form Co**up fixed

Users of jot form forms (and very good they are too!) with web designer may have noticed since the start of March that they have introduced a limit on views as well as submissions in allowable useage. No one would argue with restricting form use especially in the free version. One submission one notch against the limit.

The per view on the other hand clocks up that notch any time anyone visits the web page on which the form resides. God help anyone with the same form on multiple pages!!

I managed in less than a month to clock up 16 submissions and exceed the 1000 allowance for views.
    It was a penalty for busy sites

I say was as it appears that Jotform has responded to complaints from their users.(paid and unpaid) and relented in exchange for the inclusion of a banner at the bottom of the free form.
    You need to go to your account and your list of forms click a form then click on the man in the top right hand corner./ Select settings and the tick the box at the bottom of the screen to unlocjk the view allowance limit and you can have unlimited views but the reasonable limited submissions.

So Jotform a brickbat for the guy who thought the view clocking up but a bouquete for your response to your customenrs

Default Re: Jot form Co**up fixed

This still sucks. It is another way for them to make more money. I have a lot of my clients under their own account and some have upgraded. This forcing of upgrade or their gigantic banner notice is a horrible move. I may have to look elsewhere soon.

I don't use jotform but as a suggestion perhaps you could add a "click here for our online form" button, which only loads the form in it's unique page. At the same time have the robot.txt file disallow access to spiders. Both should possibly reduce the click through rate ???
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg your full of great ideas. In my case I will stick to what I got, I rarely get 100 emails a month for projects LOL. For clients, I just included the information on a free account into my agreement, so that they know if they pass their limit they are responsible for upgrading with jotform and not myself.

Hi Behzad , i have started using simfatic forms ...yes you have to pay for the program , it is pretty basic but it has solved the issue and your not restricted to the emails you can use or forms you can create.I am new to xara myself and still getting my head around some things but found this worked a treat especially if you dont like to use third party software through your website.See the link below
    http://www.simfatic.com/

Thank you, I will look into it. Jot form has come a long way, there is so much one can do with it, even eCommerce. So yes and no, but I will look into your suggestion. Thanks for sharing.