Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Zoom in on a photo effect

I wonder if anyone can tell me how to achieve this effect using javascript? I don't want it to see-saw, just the first part, the zoom in. I've tried searching the net but all the results are for zoomers as per shopping sites that zoom parts of an image.

Sorry, found one by Acorn (I think) using ccs.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Zoom in on a photo effect

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I wonder if anyone can tell me how to achieve this effect using javascript? I don't want it to see-saw, just the first part, the zoom in. I've tried searching the net but all the results are for zoomers as per shopping sites that zoom parts of an image.
    Sorry, found one by Acorn (I think) using ccs.
    Egg, it is called the Ken Burns effect. I would lift the CSS from this: http://codepen.io/peterwestendorp/pen/LbiwD or this: http://www.cssmojo.com/ken-burns-effect/.

Any solution typically needs the vendor prefixes so check on all available browsers.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Cheers Acorn, as I edited my post, I said I'd found the solution. Was it yours or Sirans? Thanks for the links.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Cheers Acorn, as I edited my post, I said I'd found the solution. Was it yours or Sirans? Thanks for the links.
    as i don't recall uploading anything, I'd bet on it being siran.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I think it was one that just grew. I found the original thread:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...e-Motion/page3

Source =

https://www.kirupa.com/html5/ken_burns_effect_css.htm
    Egg

I only know how to add photo effect with filters for photos. To use it to zoom in and out all photos at once. Convenient for me. Maybe you can have it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
    I only know how to add photo effect with filters for photos. To use it to zoom in and out all photos at once. Convenient for me. Maybe you can have it a try.
    Brian, thank you for the link. Does it not miss the point as this costs money? I'm not even sure which product or technique you are advocating as the website is quite confusing. Egg was after an effect, which can be done with CSS3 transitions and JavaScript.
    I bought WOWSlider but usually build my own and learn from other TGers to my enjoyment.

Acorn

Hi, I like the zoom photo effect but if I understand correctly the picture being zoomed is on the internet, so my question is, can this be done using a picture in your website and not on the internet?

Thank you

Roly

.. can this be done using a picture in your website and not on the internet?
    Can't quite follow you here Roly. Your website is on the internet is it not?
    Egg

Can't quite follow you here Roly. Your website is on the internet is it not?
    Hi Egg, yes, now I get you. But what if you are designing a new website (That is not on the web yet) and you want to preview it before going live.

Ciao

Roly