Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Version of Photo & Graphic Designer

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    glenn - What happens if you just close the page?
    Cross-posted!
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by glenngosack View Post
    Why is it that the introduction file always starts up when I open Photo & Graphic Designer 365? - I have all the backup options unchecked to see if that mattered, but it doesn't.
    It sounds as if you have not saved a default page which Xara will start up with every time you open Xara.
    Choose a page size from options or a custom one, put all the settings you require in the options box, i.e grid and ruler, units-pixels or inches ect. When you have selected all the settings you require, click on apply and then ok, in the file drop down menu, select "save template as" enter a name for this template and most important, tick the use as default template. Next time you open Xara your template will be displayed, the Introduction is still in the Designs Gallery.

Stygg

Stygg

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Just close it when the application opens.
    It should never bother you again,
    Acorn
    actually it willl if you are running the trial - it will open everytime

XX_introduction.xar is held in your user appdata, but if you delete it the program will redownloded it from the web as I recall

maybe just best to delete it everytime you open the program until you are done with the trial / buy it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    actually it willl if you are running the trial - it will open everytime

XX_introduction.xar is held in your user appdata, but if you delete it the program will redownloded it from the web as I recall

maybe just best to delete it everytime you open the program until you are done with the trial / buy it
    I found this problem in PG&D10 and a 11 even though I had purchased them even after entering the serial number and run as administrator and the method I posted was the only way I could stop the Introduction displaying as the default page.

Stygg

fair enough if it had become your default - in the trial of P&GD365 that I have downloaded it is not the default page file, it opens as well as a second tabbed file , and as I recall this is forced until the product is activated....
    Nothing lasts forever...

I actually created a default page first thing - (been using xara for many years) - but it opens both my default and in another tab, the introduction. handrawn's explanation seems the most logical since it is a trial - I'm just seeing the new features and waiting for designer pro.

thanks,
    Glenn

This is the price of a nice lunch in the next village and this IS the UK, where everything seems a lot more expensive than the rest of the world.

Not to worry, I didn't starve. Have bought the new version and having fun investigating :-)

Grenou

Three of us had a nice two-course Sunday lunch today, in the UK, with drinks and it came in comfortably below the P&GD price.

Not that it says much about the value of P&GD.

define lunch - I could spend a fiver in Greggs, or twenty plus easy in the local steak restaurant on a decent rare-cooked 20 oz ribeye or t-bone done by someone who knows what they are doing...

i dare say it would still be a whole load cheaper where bob lives
    Nothing lasts forever...

Well we had a traditional Sunday lunch, beef, potatoes, carrots, peas, Yorkshire pudding and gravy.
    Followed up with Gateau/Cheesecake. I had two pints of Bitter Shandy, there were also four halves of lager shandy, and two floater coffees.

Not extravagant or posh in any way. Lovely none the less.

BTW handrawn, don't imagine that I'm any stranger to lovely stakes in some swanky restaurant. That's just a different experience.