Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Version of Photo & Graphic Designer

"Great fun for the price of a nice lunch".
    My wife and I had a great 2 course lunch with a few drinks for about half that price and it was lovely.

Seems a bit steep to me.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    "Great fun for the price of a nice lunch".
    My wife and I had a great 2 course lunch with a few drinks for about half that price and it was lovely.

Seems a bit steep to me.
    Bob.
    Bob, if you and your Wife are in Spain then I imagine the food and drink might be cheaper than Grenou's missed luncheon today in SE England.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    regarding PSD improvements: you can now map xara objects to PSD layers - ie you can tell the PSD export to export every xara object as a seperate PSD layer - and when importing you can choose to convert every PSD layer to a seperate xara object - this is actually very useful as far as I am concerned...
    Thanks for the info @handrawn.
    I am very often prepared PSD files in XDP. I like the ability to manipulate multiple objects in the inside Xara's layer. I like the ability to create layer groups for PSD. Is it different now?
    What am I missing: serious transformation tool for bitmap, the ability to export CMYK PSD files. It would be ideal guides and smart objects. Although I wish probably too much. ))

it would be nice to be able to export each [selected] xara object as it's own PSD layer all within a PSD layer group - but I don't think you can

you can always concatenate in Photoshop afterwards; that is, export each set of PSD layers that you want as a 'group' as a seperate PSD file and put it together in PS - not much fun if you want nested groups of more than one level though....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

After the new XDP release I'll try the demo, perhaps the new PSD improvements are handy.

You can export objects on named layers in PSD and they come into Photoshop on the same named layers. Just tried this in Designer Pro X11 and Photo & Graphic Designer.

yes Gary I think you've been able to do that for a while

sometime back someone from xara, might have been PhilM said that since objects in xara could be grouped, such groups were the equivalent of layers in PS, and xara layers could be looked on as as layer groups

until now though you could not export each object on a xara layer to its very own layer in the PSD - now you can

for example six object groups on one xara layer can be exported to a PSD resulting in six layers, one for each object in stacking order and position
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Why is it that the introduction file always starts up when I open Photo & Graphic Designer 365? - I have all the backup options unchecked to see if that mattered, but it doesn't.
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by glenngosack View Post
    Why is it that the introduction file always starts up when I open Photo & Graphic Designer 365? - I have all the backup options unchecked to see if that mattered, but it doesn't.
    Just close it when the application opens.
    It should never bother you again,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

glenn - What happens if you just close the page?