Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Version of Photo & Graphic Designer

Thanks for reporting this Gary. We will try and reproduce the problem and then try and determine what process is causing the window to appear.

Don't forget to use "custom install" or you will get simpleclean installed.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Quote Originally Posted by gracehjs View Post
    Don't forget to use "custom install" or you will get simpleclean installed.
    Grace, I've never gone for a Custom Install on any Xara product and I've always had the option to not install SimpliClean,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Grace, I've never gone for a Custom Install on any Xara product and I've always had the option to not install SimpliClean,
    Then they changed their policy because it used to install automatically if you did the standard install. I always use the custom install so I cannot dispute what you have observed.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Then they changed their policy because it used to install automatically if you did the standard install. I always use the custom install so I cannot dispute what you have observed.
    Gary, it pops up ticked, which I detest, but "measure twice, cut once" still applies to this electronic medium,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

being able to individually name objests in the gallery is great

as for the rest....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Downloaded and installed. Great fun for the price of a nice lunch.
    I won't eat tomorrow :-)

Grenou

Quote Originally Posted by katemoir View Post
    • Paint on photo effects with the new Photo Effect painter
    • 25+ photo filter presets in the Online Content Catalog
    • Magnetic Lasso for quick and easy cut-outs
    • New XProcess option in the photo enhance tool
    • New color dodge & burn transparency blend modes
    • Google Material Design icons added to the symbol library
    • New SmartShapes such as charts, text panels, photo grids and a new spiral
    • Enhanced Content Catalog with search and an integrated stock photo library
    • Improved Word, PDF, RTF and PSD support
    Is it all? Funny!
    It's a pity!
    I am interested in the last point. What specific improvements by PSD/PDF ex/import? Probably again invisible improvements.

I'll wait for PRO version. Maybe a miracle will happen. Modern AI/PSD export, warp transform tool, some new vector tools and vector patterns, color management etc... ))

regarding PSD improvements: you can now map xara objects to PSD layers - ie you can tell the PSD export to export every xara object as a seperate PSD layer - and when importing you can choose to convert every PSD layer to a seperate xara object - this is actually very useful as far as I am concerned

the new alignment distribution options are a nice touch, and as mentioned previously the naming of objects in the gallery is long overdue and most welcome

if i was using photo and graphic designer then I would upgrade on the basis of these features; I don't do photgraph manipulation in xara, nor do I use it as much as I once did, but the PSD filter changes and the ability to name objects in the layer gallery would save a lot of time when I do use the program.... it remains to be seen what is offered for Designer Pro and the more expensive upgrade...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Gary, it pops up ticked, which I detest, but "measure twice, cut once" still applies to this electronic medium,
    Acorn
    but it did not always do this - that is Gary's point - we had more than one thread on the subject back in the day.... maybe it all depended which program you were installing.... I too always do custom installs regardless...
    Nothing lasts forever...