Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Templates for Xara Web Designer

Sorry my bad, not sure how that happened. Yours is .uk and this is .com. Somehow got mixed up.

Phil, I'm also happy to see genuine third-party Xara offerings. Could I point out a few things that might improve your presentation?

The 3D Free Logos state "Create free 3D logos for your website or design project with our free logo maker."
    You appear to have taken the Xara offer up to include their 3D Maker from http://www.xara.com/uk/3d-heading-maker/.
    It is therefore not quite your free logo maker.

In doing this, you properly added your Affiliate link should anyone decide to purchase the application.
    Equally, you have your Affiliate links on the Home page.
    I think when you do this, it is better to advise the links are to your affiliate.

Can you really introduce your own testimonial?

Your Features panels are very effective. If they are to act as page lifters then their links should not just go to a top anchor (#).

I love apostrophes. One of yours dropped off 'people's' onto 'Pros'.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Phil, I'm also happy to see genuine third-party Xara offerings. Could I point out a few things that might improve your presentation?

The 3D Free Logos state "Create free 3D logos for your website or design project with our free logo maker."
    You appear to have taken the Xara offer up to include their 3D Maker from http://www.xara.com/uk/3d-heading-maker/.
    It is therefore not quite your free logo maker.

In doing this, you properly added your Affiliate link should anyone decide to purchase the application.
    Equally, you have your Affiliate links on the Home page.
    I think when you do this, it is better to advise the links are to your affiliate.

Can you really introduce your own testimonial?

Your Features panels are very effective. If they are to act as page lifters then their links should not just go to a top anchor (#).

I love apostrophes. One of yours dropped off 'people's' onto 'Pros'.

Acorn
    thank you for the feedback. it is much appreciated. I dont know whether to remove the 3d logo maker completely as it doesnt seem to display correctly anyway.

what do you mean by "Can you really introduce your own testimonial?" ?

thank you for the apostrophe correction. I will correct that now.

Quote Originally Posted by philsafc View Post
    what do you mean by "Can you really introduce your own testimonial?"
    Phil, I took the "Phil Smith Great template for a great price and when I had a problem the support was excellent. Thanks for your help." to be a practice entry that you may have overlooked. I linked philsafc to "Phil Smith" automatically, thinking it would be a large coincidence otherwise.

On the demonstration sites, many of the button links go to Xara's site? The social ones in Photography are to your affiliate.

You've taken on a big task and I wish you well,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Phil, I took the "Phil Smith Great template for a great price and when I had a problem the support was excellent. Thanks for your help." to be a practice entry that you may have overlooked. I linked philsafc to "Phil Smith" automatically, thinking it would be a large coincidence otherwise.

On the demonstration sites, many of the button links go to Xara's site? The social ones in Photography are to your affiliate.

You've taken on a big task and I wish you well,
    Acorn
    ah yes you are quite right. I forgot about that "review", I typed it when first setting up the site as a placeholder, needs removing.

Should I not have affiliate links on the demos? I didnt know whether that was ok so I stopped doing it and just started linking to xara in general.
    I've added a line of text under the affiliate links on the homepage.

Quote Originally Posted by philsafc View Post
    Should I not have affiliate links on the demos? I didnt know whether that was ok so I stopped doing it and just started linking to xara in general.
    I've added a line of text under the affiliate links on the homepage.
    Phil, I'm not bemoaning the affiliates. Xara sets up its templates and links back to itself so self-promotion is fine. It was consistency: some to Xara, some to #, some to yourself.
    For the social links, I think the trick would be to set up actual links and endorsement requests to your own social media.

Promote yourself rigorously,
    Acorn

Phil, I'm not bemoaning the affiliates. Xara sets up its templates and links back to itself so self-promotion is fine. It was consistency: some to Xara, some to #, some to yourself.
    For the social links, I think the trick would be to set up actual links and endorsement requests to your own social media.

Promote yourself rigorously,
    Acorn
    thanks Acorn this is all brilliant advice. I have already made changes based on your feedback

just launched another free item. a loading screen for your website. just a bit of fun.

http://xaratemplate.co.uk/product/sp...een-countdown/

latest template online. feedback welcomed.

xara template

new free template coming tomorrow

Hi Phil, contact links are either doing nothing or go to wrong place (store) on photography template.

Ciao

Roly