Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: memory problem, 800kb file, many layers, A0 canvas size in xpgd2013

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    The terminology should simply be that of the application under discussion is all I am trying to get at.
    I could use terminology from any of the four main businesses I have had (how about logging or mechanic?), including systems integration and application programming when discussing an Xara application. But that doesn't do the user I am attempting to communicate with understand me.
    I am sorry you consider my explanation spurious. If you couldn't see what I was describing matches your description then I believe I have the obligation to explain myself.

To get back to the OP's problem. We have offered pointers. I hope something of what has been said, assists.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sure Acorn,

Both of you have been very helpfull indeed.

It hasn't been solved yet, but you have offered me other ventures to explore, which I'm in the process of doing.

Just scaled everything down to A4 size and tried an export. That was as yet unusable cause I ended up with a thumbnailsize output that was too lowres when magnified to A4 size.

Originally I made the evacuation plans so that they could be printed on A3 size, and still have sharp text.

Thnx so far, My file even crashes when I am trying to copy the page to divide the plan up into 4 sections when it comes to the room plans. I tried it on my home computer: same result.

But I haven't given up yet, just means more to learn. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ICTheo View Post
    Sure Acorn,
    Both of you have been very helpfull indeed.
    Great getting the update. Sorry it is still a problem.
    The only other thought is if you can access a 64-bit machine then download XDPX11 trial and separate out / finish out your work using that.

Once separated, I am sure your current Xara application will be able to cope.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi ICTheo, most of the memory is being taken up by the background bitmap. In your supplied xar there is 56MBytes of a total of 72 MBytes used just for that mackground bitmap!

I've created a 16 colour png of that bitmap & it drops the bitmap filesize way down to 6 MBytes.

You may wish to group all the bitmaps & create your own 16 colour png.

I hope this helps you re the memory issue

See attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ICTheo-1.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	112758   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ICTheo-2.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	112759  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi again,

@Egg Bramhill

I tried to solve my problems as per your "bmp2png fix".

i seemed to work at first. But allthough I cleaned out a lot of items, and decreased the filesize, I ran into the same problems again. Crashes and losing a file (luckily the autosave files are still there).

I have used up my first week of pgd11 pro testing, so now I will have to register it. to get my 30 days worth.

Hopefully the problem will be solvable before that time ends. I only have the monday and tuesday partially to work on this.

If anyone has another approach I will try that. Meantime waiting on Magix to evaluate files I sent them.

Thanx sofar for those who helped.

ICTheo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	memory usage png instead of bmp.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	112813  
    Last edited by ICTheo; 30 May 2016 at 05:30 PM. Reason: added attachment document info

Thanks for the update ICTheo. Keep us unformed on your progress.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host