Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear Xara...

Lightbulb Dear Xara...

Xara, you seem to behaving like Santa's letters on the fire before Christmas. All you get is smoke.
    Why is there a Dear Xara... Forum here when you don't have the courtesy of acknowledging you have read a Post in it?

Yes, people can raise a Ticket and this could be your stock answer but this would be better than nothing.

The difference the Forum offers to your customers is we can see how you treat us; the ticketing is a one-to-one engagement.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Dear Xara...

This Dear Xara forum is and always has been a place for members to post possibe bug reports, and feature requests. The idea behind it was to keep these types of posts in one place so the developers could easily find them without having to waste time scouring the entire board for them. It is not a support forum, It is directed towards the Developers not support personel.and if the developers started answering every post here they would lose a lot of valuable time that would be otherwise spent on making the software better. They do read the threads in this forum Just look down towards the bottom of any thread in this forum or anywhere in TG and you should see a list of members who have read this thread. On this thread I count at least 2 Developers among those in the list.
    Last edited by angelize; 22 May 2016 at 08:06 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    This Dear Xara forum is and always has been a place for members to post possibe bug reports, and feature requests. The idea behind it was to keep these types of posts in one place so the developers could easily find them without having to waste time scouring the entire board for them. It is not a support forum, It is directed towards the Developers not support personel.and if the developers started answering every post here they would lose a lot of valuable time that would be otherwise spent on making the software better. They do read the threads in this forum Just look down towards the bottom of any thread in this forum or anywhere in TG and you should see a list of members who have read this thread. On this thread I count at least 2 Developers among those in the list.
    angelize, I accept all this and am happy for the criticism. All I was trying to stress is the lack of assertive feedback is detrimental to Xara. It does not take much time for a Xara Support to Subscribe to this Dear Xara... Forum and run with the good ones.

Acorn

P.S. I've just done a roll call of the last 7 Dear Xara... Posts since the launch of XWD365(P) and 6 have been looked at by Xara staff - one viewing a week so a response back would not be overtaxing.
    Last edited by Acorn; 22 May 2016 at 10:20 AM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

In my opinion Xara/Magix doesn't use this forum, let alone the Dear Xara thread, to their advantage. Many users post their own requests for the betterment of the software of their chose, but in the main their comments/requests/questions go unanswered by Xara.

Both Ben & Rob could be far more reactive within this forum.

Not a critisim of Rob or Ben, as I'm sure they have other duties, but Xara needs to give an individual their prime duty of replying to questions asked/suggested etc.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'd say it's a tricky path to follow. If you respond to these requests, it doesn't stop there. When will this be done? How will this be done? Why is it done that way? Why won't it be done sooner? Why haven't you done it? You answered request X but why do you ignore my request? You told me it would be done but it's not what I asked for.

It can be really hard for companies to be responding in a public forum. It's not like two mates talking.

All you can really hope for is that they take notice and change their plans and maybe they'll talk about it.

Often the people who make decisions won't be reading a forum themselves.

I can understand why Xara is quiet.

Can't disagree in general with that, Dear Xara is a machine-gun forum, mostly with no structure. However, I still believe Xara/Magix should have a more hands on response.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Other corporations seems to manage Twitter and all of its off-the-wall participants,
    Acorn

No point bitching about Xara and Magix. They are what they are.

Going up a blind alley here Acorn but Twitter currently have just short of 4,000 employees. Xara has 11-50 Employees. Hardly a level playing field
    Egg

Your both right here. But twitter and Facebook are public areas where people can moan their faces off if they want to. It is also the area where the companies should field all of the user complaints. Here in TG you would and should expect Xara to look and take note of users requests as normally the requests are rational and are done by experience users.

Adobe used to do "Dear Adobe" but got slaughtered when it replied to users and stopped it after nearly 2 years of being abused and sworn at! Remember this topic was started before the advances made by social media. I've never thought of using that area to communicate with Xara it has always been done here.
    Design is thinking made visual.