Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default graphics pen not working with Xara Designer Pro X11

I've been using the same Wacom tablet and stylus for a few years and it's been working great. Now for some reason I can't right click in my Xara program to get the pop box. Funny thing is that when I right click on the desktop, no problem. I'm wondering if I've inadvertently changed something in Xara or what, but I hope that you good folks could help me. Thanks.

Manny

Default Re: graphics pen not working with Xara Designer Pro X11

go to Utilities-options-mouse and make sure that right click is set to menu.

Also check setting for your tablet have not changed.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Hi Christine, I don't know if you got my reply to your suggestion so I'm abbreviating and sending again. Followed your suggestion and went to utilities and check to see if the right click option was checked. It was so it don't know what's going on. Also forgot to mention that all this started when I upgraded to Windows 10. I don't know if it is coincidence or not.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your tablet installed.
    http://wacom.com/support/product-support/drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    ...Also forgot to mention that all this started when I upgraded to Windows 10. I don't know if it is coincidence.
    I also use a Wacom tablet (intuos4) and have similar problem, even with the latest drivers. Certain Windows 10 features don't fully work, for example when using the built in mail app, I am unable to delete emails with the pen but can with mouse - the delete icon doesn't display when you hover over the title of an email with the pen, but does with the mouse. Very strange.

More significantly when the Windows mail app (and some other built-in apps) are running (even in the background) it can disable right clicking in other programmes like PGD11 and Chrome browser. A way around this is to close the Windows app, and right and left click on the desktop with mouse or trackpad if on a laptop. This clears then problem.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

it is possible for a program to have a separate set of instructions for mouse and pen - eg some drawing programs remember the last used tool for both and they can be different [as I recall gimp does this]

so it's podssible the app is at fault in this respect in the way it is written, or maybe not really written for pen use at all - do you know if it works ok with a touch screen?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...