Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Selecting a stack of images

Using Xara Designer Pro X10 - I have several images stack on top of each other. The top image is the main image, the second image is a black outline and the bottom image is a different outline.

How can I select all three images at the same time so I can move them as a group?

Default Re: Selecting a stack of images

well I would probably in select tool hold down the alt key and run the mouse across them with left key depressed

but you could marquee select them

edit - you could use the page/layer too gallery if you know which they are...

scond edit: or you could try shift left click holding the alt key as well, which should add the next object imediately below the cursor as you repeat
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Marquee select. Using the Selector Tool (the arrow pointer) drag a selection rectangle (a marquee) around all of the images. This selects the whole bunch and you can move, rotate, resize, etc.

Steve - TMI

possibly Gary - you did a good job of explaining marquee

I do think lots of info may alsohelp others who pass this way - on which note I should say the first option I gave only works in designer pro, not photo and graphic designer...

also if you want to be selective in your selection of a closely aligned stack it can get complicated... [which is where naming objects in the gallery might be very useful if this is implemented in designer 365....]
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

also if you want to be selective in your selection of a closely aligned stack it can get complicated...
    not complicated at all just hold down the alt key and click to select the one you want. One click gets the top one two clicks gets the second and 3 the third. and so on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

ah something I forgot

the compliction is in placing the cursor over the object you want when it is several positions down the stack and you cannot see it because it is covered by other objects; if you don't place the cursor right you will miss it and also if you have lots you can lose track of the stacking order so your not sure how far down to go - you can use the layer gallery to hide the stack objects down until you can see it, or you could give the ones above transparency so you can see through if you still want to see them whilst you do it

I agree this is not complicated in the absolute sense, but in view of gary's comment maybe

assigning meaningful names to shapes in the gallery so you have them all uniquely tagged will really help here I think...
    Last edited by handrawn; 19 May 2016 at 06:55 AM. Reason: adsum
    Nothing lasts forever...

I tend to use the layer gallery and in the latest version you can name the object, which I think will be very useful.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11