Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Websites with Live PowerPoint presentation and Embedded "blog"

Hi Andy,

No need for any defence and I agree with what you state, but it's obviously not simple for punters to grasp as several folks have raised the matter, so I'd suggest you try to make it easier for your visitors to grasp.

Re the redirect not working I'm almost sure it's due to your menu on the "S" site having incorrect links back to the non "S" site.

For example your MENU page on the non S site is on page link:

http://www.bazilpub.com/#xl_xr_page_menu

But the S site MENU is incorrectly linking to:

http://www.bazilpub.com/index.htm#xl_xr_page_menu

Remove the index.htm element of the link and on the remainder of the menu items
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here's what I might consider as a landing page. No other fancy clutter behind it. Just an Enter button. I think it gets the main point across without being lost in the background clutter. Just a concept of course

http://www.parkeston.com/swiffy/brazils.html
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I think the Bazils bar URL should be about Bazils bar. If your client wants a gateway, then it should have a separate URL.

As a proprietor I have three bars and I want punters in all of them. Doesn't matter which ones they choose.

As a potential client, I'm looking for a place to spend my time. I can come across any of the bar sites and see if I like the offer (offer, as in offer of a good experience). If I look at Bazils bar, I don't particularly care if the owner has two other bars, even if they are next to each other.

With the holding page I can make a choice and the proprietor can potentially get three bites at the cherry to get people in, but trying to do that off the back of one bar is confusing the offer for that bar.

Egg's example illustrates the principle, but I'd abandon any gizmos. Keep it simple.

Websites like this are about selling, not what you can make a website do. Always think about websites from the perspective of the visitor not just what the client thinks they want to say.