Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default XWD365P upgrade pricing change?

Until yesterday, the sale price to upgrade from XWD11P to XWD365P was listed as $44.99, a $5.00 discount from the regular upgrade price of $49.99. Because it was only a $5.00 difference, I decided to wait to purchase. This morning I see that the upgrade price is now $64.99, a difference of $20. Why the sudden increase in price? Had I known that it was that big of a difference I would have bought while the sale was still valid. Seems a bit misleading to show a lower price as the "regular" price and then change it to a higher price after the sale has ended. Any thoughts?

Default Re: XWD365P upgrade pricing change?

One of the older tricks in the book. Reminds me of "New and Improved" packaging at my local market. Smaller box, less net weight, fancy new logo, higher price! And, if you see "Clearance Item" signs, you can bet the new, higher priced item is on the way.

Riston Rants

I'll see if I can get someone from Xara to comment.

Unfortunately I think you were reading the wrong line - there was an intro offer on new copies of WDC, $44.99 normal price $49.99. The Web Designer Premium upgrade was also $44.99 in the intro offer, but the normal price for premium upgrades is $64.99. But no problem, if you contact Sales via www.xara.com/contact they will be able to do the upgrade for you at the offer price.
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

TheCapn - How cool is that?

Very cool Gary. I just sent a message to sales, waiting to hear back on how to submit payment. Thanks to you and katemoir for making it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCapn View Post
    Very cool Gary. I just sent a message to sales, waiting to hear back on how to submit payment. Thanks to you and katemoir for making it happen.
    Did you get a reply one way or another? I asked something similar as the payment system failed twice when I tried to purchase the upgrade and I wondered if they would honour the original price.
    That was over a week ago and no reply apart from their email contact acknowledgement I've not heard a thing. An answer one way or another would be good.

Yes. Xara contacted me the next day with instructions on how to submit payment. I purchased the upgrade for the introductory price. Other than an issue with the serial #, all went well. You may want to contact them again.

Quote Originally Posted by jinker View Post
    Did you get a reply one way or another? I asked something similar as the payment system failed twice when I tried to purchase the upgrade and I wondered if they would honour the original price.
    That was over a week ago and no reply apart from their email contact acknowledgement I've not heard a thing. An answer one way or another would be good.
    Xara is always prompt Maybe you did not actually submit email like you thought.
    I say this not to be nasty but because I sometimes don't actually press the send button or something similar.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Xara is always prompt Maybe you did not actually submit email like you thought.
    I say this not to be nasty but because I sometimes don't actually press the send button or something similar.
    Thanks for the reply and as a result I went back to check if I had received an acknowledgement.
    I did received a response on 10th May but as of yet no further reply. (see below)

Xara Support <support2@supportsystem.xara.com>

Thank you for contacting us. This is an automated response confirming the receipt of your ticket.
    Our team will get back to you as soon as possible. When replying, please make sure that the ticket ID is kept in the subject so that we can track your replies.

Ticket ID: NUV-428-99389
    Subject: Upgrade Pricing
    Department: Sales
    Type: Issue
    Priority: High

Kind regards,

Xara Group Ltd

If this is described as a 'high priority' impressive it aint.

Jinker